2:30 p.m. Saturday, October 18
Holy Ghost Church
1041 N. Central St., Knoxville, TN 37917
During this hour-long performance, the Pope Benedict XVI Schola will sing works of the musical giants of Renaissance England—composers such as Thomas Tallis, William Byrd, John Sheppard, and Christopher Tye.
Soprano soloist Maria Magdalena Rist and lutenist Thomas Tallant will also perform a set of sacred songs.
Here’s the lineup for the schola’s two sets:
- Out from the deep, Thomas Tallis, 1505-1585
- Verily, verily, Tallis
- Lord, let thy servant, Christopher Tye, c 1505-1573
- If ye love me, Tallis
- Give almes of thy goods, Tye
- Rejoice in the Lord alway, anonymous
- Mass for four voices (sung by schola quartet), William Byrd, 1540-1623
- Agnus Dei
- Ave verum corpus, Byrd
- Hear the voice and prayer, Tallis
- A new commandment, Tallis
- Cibavit eos (sung by schola quartet), Byrd
- The Lord’s prayer, John Sheppard, c 1515-1556
- Come, let’s rejoice, John Amner, 1579-1641
There’s no fee for the concert, but we’ll gratefully accept “love offerings.”
Questions? Please e-mail me, Mary Weaver, or call me at 865-437-8620.
Download a concert poster here.